All island competitions

 2023/01/24

πŸ’“It was a nice morning. I went to Ananda college in Colombo with my parents. I was in grade 8. I can still remember that day.  I practiced a lot with my father. Let me tell you about my competition.  It was Sinhala day competition. I went to Sinhala poems competition. I wanted to take a medal for my school. I did it very well. I was so happy. After 2 hours there is a meeting for all competitors. I went there. Oh god! It is for announcing the winners. I prayed to lord buddha in many times. In that time, it was a huge thing even facing to an all-island competition.  They started to announce winners. The told my name. I got second place. I was very happy. My parents hugged me and kissed me. They were very happy. It was a nice day in my memories.

                                             


πŸ’“Then in grade 9, I faced for Music competitions. I sang a raga called "Bimpalashri". On that time my music teacher was a pregnant lady. But she helped me well to practice. She dedicated a lot for me. She never missed me. Finally, I did it well. I could give happiness to my teacher and my parents. I got second place from it.   

πŸ’“In grade 10 I faced all island competitions. I faced to music competition to sing raga. I sang raga "Bhairavi". Because of my teacher's and my dedication and practice I could take the second place from it. In grade 10 I faced for English competitions also. I faced to English poem and drama competitions. 

πŸ’“As my last competition I faced for music competitions. I sang a raga called "Jauapuri". It was very competitive. I got the second place from it. 


Actually, according to my feelings, a student should face for competitions in his school time.  Then we can memorize it as a very good turning point in our life. Actually, I learnt many things from facing competitions. We get used to winning and losing. Not only that we learn how practice is important for our life. In my life all island competitions are turning points.  I respect for my school and my loving teachers for give that chance to me. πŸ’πŸ’

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love

Covid 19

My favorite singer